« older post. newer post » of jellybeans & hershey kisses <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19508897?origin\x3dhttp://purplefrost.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <body>
happy dragon year 2012!
Sunday, January 22, 2012 10:14 PM

2 more hours and we’re in to the dragon year. Wow what a year the rabbit year has been.

Not trying to be clichéd here but there were the ups and there were the downs. The ups were good. Starting a new job, getting a class of adorkable 18 year olds, having them recognize me and be happy to see me, enjoying my time with the cuties: WJ, J, W at ball games, making fast friends with YP and B, enjoying the time off with colleagues in Batam in June, enjoying my time with the cute Filipinos at work. JZ, J, S, u guys make my work there fun! Thanks so much for that!

And.. enjoying my time with close friends, enjoying being “pampered” by people who bought me gifts :p and of course, my “zi hai” awesome trip to Vancouver. Now that’s one thing I will never forget. Even thinking about Whistler or Yukon now makes me sad. Makes me wanna go back there as soon as I can and apologize for even leaving in the first place. Yes that’s how bad my withdrawal symptoms are.

Sigh. Well, those were the ups. And now, the downs. Seeing the ugly side of working life with all that politics at play, revealing the true colours of lazy irresponsible people, getting attacked by R at work, going through all the mundane boring meetings at work, seeing more clearly the characters of some friends: N (my overly enthusiastic travel companion) and S, who seems to be more interested in another friend than me and surprisingly still considers me as close when I don’t see how we are That close anymore.

So yup, there was a fair share of ups and downs. I just hope that this year will bring with it more ups and lesser downs. Part of me wants the celebration to last longer so that I don’t have to go back to work, and so that I can at least feel a little bit of the festive cheer in me. And part of me wants Wednesday to hurry up, come and go so that i’ll at least know whether my life’s going to change. I hate being left dangling in the air like that. I hate not knowing. Not being in control. Not so much of wanting to be a control freak but more of wanting to know what is to be expected rather than be a sitting duck and wait, wait, wait.

Anyway here’s wishing all a very good lunar new year! 新年快乐!希望今年大家会身体健康,心想事成!还有别忘记,财源滚滚喔!恭喜恭喜!:)


Posted by el@!ne.





♥ PROFILE

ELAINE

SOMETIMES IT'S NOT ONLY THE BAD MEMORIES THAT MAKE YOU SAD, BUT ALSO THE BEST ONES WHICH YOU KNOW WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR THE SECOND TIME


EL@!NE
♥ Hello There

whimsical.purpleholic@gmail.com

♥ I enjoy reading books with fanciful covers;
All things HOT pink & purple;
I go AWW at girlie & cute things; (So sue me)
I adore intriguing movies that keep you at the edge of the seat;
Music keeps me sane;
& I'm cooler than you

♥ Tagboard