|
canto-tagalog confusion
Thursday, October 20, 2011
9:34 PM
Yesterday YP & I were trying to teach JZ a new word.
"hum sup lo" which means hand.some.man. and we were trying to get him to say " i am hum sup lo" hahahahaha he didnt fall for it though. persistently shook his head and refused point blank to say it. said he had learnt his lesson never to trust sg ladies after Paige taught him that "xiao ding dong" = something nice. until he found out some time later, that it meant crazy. hahahah wonder how many times he had used that word before he found out the actual meaning. anyway he went around asking for the meaning of hum sup lo and we intercepted the people he asked, telling them "it means HAND SOME MAN RIGHT!!" they usually end up doubling with laughter to answer him. so he asked around after we left. haha and found out the real meaning from some credible people. DAMN! hahahha he was so hurt we called him that though. HAHA damn funny Then he gave us a tagalog phrase “ang gana ko” and told us to say we are that. Obviously we refused point blank. Ben went like “ang gana ko ang kana ko. Haigen daz cold lah!” hahahahahahahaha to satisfy my curiosity, i texted Avel to ask the meaning of that phrase and instead of replying me, he laughed and refused to tell me what it meant. arrgh! I went to sleep dreaming of that phrase. I'm kidding. I managed to corner Avel the next morning (today) and asked him for the meaning. HAHA apparently when I told him “ang gana ko”, it meant that I was telling him I am beautiful. HAHAHAHAHAHA Oops. Yes I am, but don’t need to so blatantly say it out like that right. Ohmygosh. Hahahaha And to top the day off, Ben was blasting his mp3 music a few desks away from mine. And he told us to take special notice of that particular song. It went something like this "I am an asshole! Asshole! Asshole! A-S-S-H-O-L-E!” certainly made my day! =)=)=) |
|
SOMETIMES IT'S NOT ONLY THE BAD MEMORIES THAT MAKE YOU SAD, BUT ALSO THE BEST ONES WHICH YOU KNOW WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR THE SECOND TIME
♥ I enjoy reading books with fanciful covers;
All things HOT pink & purple;
I go AWW at girlie & cute things; (So sue me)
I adore intriguing movies that keep you at the edge of the seat;
Music keeps me sane;
& I'm cooler than you