« older post. newer post » of jellybeans & hershey kisses <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19508897?origin\x3dhttp://purplefrost.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <body>
thesis submission and holiday
Monday, September 20, 2010 2:10 AM

The deadline for submission of thesis is 24th September. This Friday. You can look at it either way. If you’re an optimist, it gives me less than 5 days to complete liberation. If you’re a pessimist (which I’m leaning towards), it gives me less than 5 days to complete my 10 000 word thesis. Though now I hear we should write lesser than 10 000 if we don’t wanna bore the markers. Life is so contradictory.

And here we are worrying our heads off about little things like “where should we insert this part?” “Do you think the markers will mind if I did this or that?” “Is this right? Should we do that?” its all been rather stressful.

I’ve been bombarding Patrick with emails since like forever. And guess what. He’s overseas. At such a stressful period for me! He couldn’t have picked a better time if you ask me! So there I was flooding his inbox and phone and he finally replied. The relief flooding in was like as though I was thrown into a pool of calming liquid. Really. So though he was overseas, thank god he still checks his email. Actually he doesn’t check all his emails. Only those marked as “important”. But my emails to him are ALWAYS marked as important regardless of whether is really is important or not. important to me can already.

Hahahahahha

Poor him. I think he must be having second thoughts about taking me in as his student. Teehee.

Anyways, I have been so stressed up about the thesis that I have been doing stupid things. Like literally are you serious kinda things. For example, I was making myself a nice mug of coffee (yes I have upgraded to mug instead of small cup). And I tried to cover the kettle with the flask’s cover. Was covering over and over again wondering why it couldn’t fit before I realized what I was doing. That settled, I picked up my mug and went into the room. And then I saw that I was holding the flask’s cover in 1 hand and the mug in the other & I was trying to cover the mug with cover too.

Goodness. Honestly, I thought I had gone slightly mad.

Different people react to stress differently. For me, I refuse to go out. As simple as that. Cuz when I’m out, I’ll think like oh shit I forgot to add that part. And oh that too! I should go back & double check. And I spend the whole time outside worrying and worrying. So I’d rather be at home and whenever I start to worry, I can easily check the comp in front of me. Worry gone. Phew. So because of this aversion, I stopped tuition with Cheryl for a few days. but her exams are coming. Sigh.

speaking of Cheryl, Fong sis tried to matchmake me with the maths tutor again. by telling Cheryl to ask her maths tutor to teach me maths. HAHA. the poor girl was looking at me puzzedly like why the hell would I need maths tuition. I hope she doesnt really go and ask him to teach me man.. what would I say! hahah

And even before the thesis is over and done with, I’m already planning my holiday in my head. Cue for eyes rolling. Shaz and I have already planned how we’re gonna celebrate our freedom on Friday. And we’re planning our grad trip to Melbourne too. Can’t wait! Teehee.

I really shouldn’t be blogging but I feel guilty if I go to sleep worry-free so I’ll stay up for a bit to see if I’m suddenly reminded to add in anything.



Posted by el@!ne.





♥ PROFILE

ELAINE

SOMETIMES IT'S NOT ONLY THE BAD MEMORIES THAT MAKE YOU SAD, BUT ALSO THE BEST ONES WHICH YOU KNOW WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR THE SECOND TIME


EL@!NE
♥ Hello There

whimsical.purpleholic@gmail.com

♥ I enjoy reading books with fanciful covers;
All things HOT pink & purple;
I go AWW at girlie & cute things; (So sue me)
I adore intriguing movies that keep you at the edge of the seat;
Music keeps me sane;
& I'm cooler than you

♥ Tagboard