« older post. newer post » of jellybeans & hershey kisses <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19508897?origin\x3dhttp://purplefrost.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <body>
the pleasure of pain. rightt
Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:48 AM


ouch.




ouch ouch ouch.



GET OUTTA HERE OUCH! hahaa


nothing like a little laughter for pain relief. though it wouldn't exactly be funny if that was happening to me. just saying.


experienced pain today which nearly brought tears to my eyes. nearly is the key word. I wouldn't bawl myself out over pain. not in front of the entire school canteen of course.


thanks to the rain which had to come at such an unfortunate time (where were u when we were dying of heat huh huh huh!) the floor was slippery. so were the stairs. and my slippers slipped. pardon the pun. and bang goes my laptop hard on the floor. thank God for shock resistance. my 2 bags were thrown to the side, thankfully my questionnaires were still intact. imagine if they got wet. oh the horror. anyway, the point is I was on the floor.


i thought i left unscathed. oh i was so wrong. so very very wrong.


I only spotted the bleeding after I felt the pain. (so thank you very much pain for letting me know something was wrong)


and I saw my big toenail bleeding. from the sides, blood was oozing out. oh my dear friend, and God, and everyone else.


Having so much to do before the participants filled in, I hurried to get my lunch and noticed more blood. I felt faint. If you ever need a surgeon, or a vet or a doctor or someone that deals with blood, I'm not that person. I'll probably faint first before I can do anything to save the person.


So heroically with my 2 big bags and laptop and my lunch in my hands I went to the admin to see if they had spare plasters from the first aid kit. they didnt. and they even suggested I went to buy some from the bookstore.


IT IS A BLOODY SCHOOL FOR GOD'S SAKE AND YOU DON'T HAVE A FIRST AID KIT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! what if a student bangs his head against the wall and starts bleeding profusely? you'd need to stop the blood flow before he gets thrown into an ambulance right!


okay *breathe* remain calm. the bookstore auntie took 1 look at my toe and grimaced. another faint hearted one. I really should go shake hands with her. I have a feeling we will become BFFS. anyway thanks to her mopiko cream, the bleeding stopped. and I was able to paste 2 plasters over my big toe and hide the gory sight from all my participants. luckily no one fled the room screaming.


and trembling from head to toe, I went to see the doc to see if she needed to pull the whole nail out. and to my HUGE relief she said, no. it would hurt too much now. so just take your medication and wash with antiseptic and apply antiseptic cream and bandage for the next few days and you'll be fine. the new toenail will grow out! somehow I didn't feel that jubilant. this has happened to me before. twice already. I have this thing with stairs. they hate me as much as I hate them.


at this rate I'm going to have a phobia of stairs soon. *escalator pls someone?*


so right now I'm hobbling walking around the house trying to put my foot high up so chelsie won't be able to reach and lick my bandage. and will probably be in bandages for the next few days or weeks or God forbid, months.




Posted by el@!ne.





♥ PROFILE

ELAINE

SOMETIMES IT'S NOT ONLY THE BAD MEMORIES THAT MAKE YOU SAD, BUT ALSO THE BEST ONES WHICH YOU KNOW WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR THE SECOND TIME


EL@!NE
♥ Hello There

whimsical.purpleholic@gmail.com

♥ I enjoy reading books with fanciful covers;
All things HOT pink & purple;
I go AWW at girlie & cute things; (So sue me)
I adore intriguing movies that keep you at the edge of the seat;
Music keeps me sane;
& I'm cooler than you

♥ Tagboard