« older post. newer post » of jellybeans & hershey kisses <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19508897?origin\x3dhttp://purplefrost.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <body>
trouble trouble
Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:57 PM

Its week 6 of sch already. Can you believe it? 6 weeks just passed like that within a glance. The speed at which life passes seriously scares me. Really. I just wish time could stand still for a moment for reality to sink in. for us to soak in the moment and have a reality check as to whats going on in our lives right now. Before we know it, 2009 will soon be over when it has only just begun. I mean like, it seems only like yesterday that we counted down to the end of 2008. and now its.. april already! 4 months. Whoosh. Gone with the wind. And before we know it, we’d end school. Boy I’m going to really miss school when this ends. Like how we lament at how much work we have to do now and wish for classes to end. And when classes really end, we wish that it wouldn’t. how weird are we.

Anyway, there are only a few more weeks of school left now. About 2-3 weeks before deadlines. And before exams. And before holidays. And before the start of the next semester. I’m proud to announce that I’m 3/7 done with my assignments! Haha it is an achievement ok! What with all the research, typing and editing to do. How I miss writing essays in the past. And just skip all the research and editing and jump straight into the writing. Paradise. Woo.

Recently there have been many disturbing and mind-boggling events happening and there really is too much going on to type everything here. Basically, there was an issue regarding a girl and my 3 friends. Lets just call her A and my 3 friends X, Y, Z.. from what we have heard about A, her attitude and behaviour is really abnormal. Not that she’s abnormal or anything, just that she is not what you would call friendly and approachable. Or cooperative. Or nice. She is competitive to the extreme end, not wanting anyone to be beat her in any subjects. Not even a mark higher would do. And she is prone to shouting. And backstabbing. One look at her and you would think I’m kidding. How can a petite skinny quiet girl like her be capable of doing all that? I guess all I can say is it really takes time to know a person. After a particular backstabbing incident last semester, my 3 friends stopped being friends with her anymore. Not that they told her so. she quietly eased her way out since there wasn’t much to talk about anymore. I personally don’t know her. And from what my friends have told me, I don’t want to know her. I remember shaz saying she wouldn’t mind being friends with her. That was weeks ago. And I remember pulling a face and replying that I wouldn’t want to. she said its mean to judge someone from what people have said. Yup true. Afterall, that’s what their perception of A is like. She might not really be like that. but nope I’ll rather be safe than sorry. If I ever have to be friends with her, ok. Fine. But I’ll do so with caution.

And then came the trouble. First was the issue with plagiarism for 2 of them, Y & Z. Apparently they courted trouble when they sent their assignment to the teacher’s email since they thought they had to submit the soft copy too. In the end, they were the only 2 that submitted. And they were the only 2 that the teacher graded thoroughly or rather I should say, unfairly. Highlighting almost every sentence from their work, he claimed that they copied the source from somewhere. Knowing these 2 guys to be the hardworking sorts, it came as a surprise that they would be accused of something like that. Anyway, Y’s dad went over to school to have a talk with the teacher. However, it only served to make matters worse. The teacher exploded and almost immediately flunked Y. what the crap right. And to think I thought the teacher was a decent guy. And he went to the extent to showing Y’s essay to other classes and told them this was an example of an essay that was plagiarized. Oh the evil man. Arrgh.

And that’s not all the trouble for them. Just recently, Z got a call from the school that the heads of the school wanted to meet up with them. So the 3 of them went to meet them. And guess what? The 3 of them were accused of sexual harassment of A. remember A from earlier? Yes that’s her. she accused X for touching her thigh DURING 1102 CLASS. Ok the reason why I mentioned the class was cuz during that class, the seating arrangement was in such a way that it’s a square formation. So everyone is facing everyone. If you say that the 2 of them were seated right behind the classroom in a corner, I’d still have believed the story. But no. she said it was during that class. How on earth can someone touch someone’s thigh and get away with it without any one seeing? And without her screaming or slapping? Whats more, that class happened 5 semesters before. She only felt the need to feel traumatic now. Ok, maybe that’s the same as post –traumatic stress where u apparently only feel the trauma suppressing u several months later. But still.. oh well.

Assuming that A is telling the truth and X,Y and Z really harassed her sexually, then the 3 of them might even be expelled for that. But then again, to accuse someone, evidence is needed too. There was no evidence, no eye witnesses and even the facts seemed warped. Why I say that is cuz like I said, the incident “happened” 5 semesters ago. That is like a year plus ago. And even after the “incident that supposedly happened”, A continued to hang out with X,Y,Z. she even went out to movies with them and did projects with them etc. if A was uncomfortable with the fact that X touched her, why would she continue to put herself in more jeopardy? And that’s not the only thing, if X wanted to touch A, why would he touch her in front of everyone in class and not in the movies where the opportunity to grope her even more is possible?
Mind-boggling huh? But well, to assume that they really committed the act, then it’d be really a waste seeing as they are now about to graduate with just one more semester to go.

Assuming that A is lying and just doing all these out of spite, then she can actually be accused of giving a false accusation and be charged. That’s why I think a police report would be good. Though it wouldn’t do good for the school’s publicity, it might clear X,Y and Z’s names and even teach A a lesson. She is after all, playing with fire here. If she’s not careful, she might get burnt. And live to regret it.

I’ve just realized that I’ve typed non stop all the way till now. Just a lot on my mind I guess. Just really hope this matter settles soon and that my friends are innocent of course. For now, I’ll just do my part as a friend and try to be there for them whenever they need. After all, what are friends for? So on a lighter note, lets all have a group hug! And sit together by the camp fire and sing friendship songs! Ok erm nevermind. Hahahaha



Posted by el@!ne.





♥ PROFILE

ELAINE

SOMETIMES IT'S NOT ONLY THE BAD MEMORIES THAT MAKE YOU SAD, BUT ALSO THE BEST ONES WHICH YOU KNOW WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR THE SECOND TIME


EL@!NE
♥ Hello There

whimsical.purpleholic@gmail.com

♥ I enjoy reading books with fanciful covers;
All things HOT pink & purple;
I go AWW at girlie & cute things; (So sue me)
I adore intriguing movies that keep you at the edge of the seat;
Music keeps me sane;
& I'm cooler than you

♥ Tagboard